Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Devilish Easter Eggs

My boys just love coloring Easter eggs... but they're not so much into eating them. I can't blame them. Cold boiled eggs aren't my favorite treat either... especially when competing against Reeses eggs and chocolate bunnies. But with the price of eggs these days, I certainly can't toss them. What's a girl to do with a dozen boiled eggs that usually turn out a pukey shade of brown? Peel off that ugly shell and make them yummy!



For the past eleven years (the age of my oldest egg colorer), I've been in charge of bringing the devilled eggs for Easter dinner. It's only been within the past few months that I stumbled on the easiest, fastest, and BEST TASTING recipe ever. Here's the secret: Marzetti Slaw Dressing. You can even use the lite version. Just smash up the egg yolks, stir in some dressing and nothing else. I usually mix it up with my hand mixer until it's smooth and creamy. Pipe the mixture into the sliced egg whites and you're done. It makes the most amazing eggs. People will comment and beg you for the recipe.
Fast, cheap, easy, and delicious; it works for me!
For more Works for Me Wednesday, visit Shannon at rocksinmydryer.net.