Monday, July 16, 2007

Who Am I?

I am a housekeeper and a homemaker. I haven't always strived for this position or even admired others in it. It's not a job that earns much respect. It's not until you are in this position that you realize just how important it is. I love my husband. I raise our children. I teach our children. I keep our home. I keep it safe and (mostly) clean and filled with God's love.

Titus 2: 3-4-5

the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers,
not given to much wine, teachers of good things -- that they admonish the young
women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste,
homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemied.


I'm not sure whether I'm the older woman giving advice or the younger woman receiving it. I think I'm somewhere in the middle, giving and receiving.